Terms & Conditions
When making a booking to stay at Caerwenfor you are entering into a binding contract with the accommodation owner.
- References to ‘us’ and ‘we’ in these Terms and Conditions relate to the owner of the holiday accommodation namely Angharad Williams and John Philip Jones both of Old Bank House Bridge Street Llanybydder Carmarthenshire SA40 9XY and references to ‘you’ or ‘your’ relate to the person making the booking and all members of the holiday party. Reference to Property means Caerwenfor holiday cottage, Blaencelyn, Llandysul, Ceredigion, SA44 6DJ. When we email confirmation of a reservation to you, we enter into a contract with you, which is subject to these Booking Terms and Conditions.
- Your Booking – We shall confirm a reservation upon receipt of a deposit (usually 25%). You must be over 18 years of age at the time of making your booking. Your booking is made as a consumer and you accept that we will not be liable for any business losses you may incur. We can refuse any booking and we will promptly return any monies you have paid and be under no other liability. As soon as you receive a booking confirmation, you must check it carefully. If there are any errors you must tell us immediately.
- Payment – You must provide your payment details during the booking process. Non payment of your balance monies, when they become due, will constitute cancellation of the holiday and forfeiture of the deposit payment. Full payment must be made 6 weeks before the start date of your holiday. We are under no obligation to remind you that payment is due. We will attempt to contact you by email only and accept no liability in the event that the email address listed for you does not deliver a message to you. Once cancelled we may remove any discount value from your booking and require you to pay the full list price to reinstate your holiday.
- Cancellation by you – If you have to cancel your holiday, for whatever reason, you must inform us immediately. Our cancellation policy is:
|Before Payment||No Penalty|
|On Payment||We are not required by law to give you a cooling off period, however if you make a genuine mistake on your booking and cancel your booking by contacting us by telephone within 24 hours then at our discretion we can make alterations and apply refunds.|
|At least 6 weeks before your holiday||We will retain your deposit (25%) and any admin fees, but will refund the remaining balance on request.|
|Within 6 Weeks||The full balance paid is non refundable and non transferable.
We STRONGLY recommend that guests take out their own travel insurance to cover this eventuality.
As soon as you know you are unable to take your selected break please contact us.
- If you write to us and ask us to cancel your booking for you we will consider your booking as being cancelled at the date and time we are able to action the cancellation. This may put you into the next refund category. You are able to reinstate a booking that has been cancelled at any time while the dates remain available and upon payment of your final balance.
- Behaviour – We are entitled to ask you to leave the holiday property or refuse you entry, without refund of monies paid or any other liability to you, if in our reasonable opinion your behaviour is unacceptable or we believe is likely to be unacceptable (see Condition 12).
- Website Accuracy – We do everything we can to ensure the accuracy of the information contained on this website. However, inputting errors unfortunately can happen. We cannot accept responsibility for changes to or closures of local amenities/facilities and attractions etc. referred to on our web side, which clearly are not under our control. All distances are approximate. If you are booking more than 8 weeks in advance of your holiday you should check our web site again before you pay your final balance to ensure that we have not added, removed or changed anything which would be unacceptable to you since your initial booking.
- Cancellation or Changes by US – Once we have issued you with a Holiday Confirmation we will do our very best not to make any changes to your booking or to cancel it (except due to non payment by you). Sometimes though changes do occur before and after bookings have been confirmed, and very occasionally confirmed bookings have to be cancelled. We promise to do all we can to avoid changes and cancellations but must reserve the right to do so. Most changes are minor.
- Number of Persons using the Holiday Accommodation – Your holiday group must not exceed 4 adults being the maximum number of persons the property will sleep. If it does then we can refuse to allow you to take possession of the property or to make you leave the accommodation before the end of the holiday. If this happens we will treat your holiday as having been cancelled by you and you will not be entitled to a refund of your holiday monies or any compensation.
- Pets and children – Pets are not allowed at the Property under any circumstances. Children under the age of thirteen are not allowed at the Property. Any children over thirteen years must be supervised by a responsible adult at all times.
- Arrival and Departure – The Property will be available to you from 4.00pm on the day of your arrival. You must depart the property by 10.00am on the last day of your holiday. You do not normally have to meet us when you arrive as keys are generally kept in a key safe at the property. You will be provided with the code for the key safe and directions to the property at least 7 days before the beginning of your holiday. If you do not contact us and you have not arrived at the property by noon on the day following the holiday start date we will treat your holiday as having been cancelled by you and you will not be entitled to any refund.
- Your Responsibilities – You must look after the property. This means you must keep all furniture, fittings and effects, (inside or outside the property) in the same state of repair and condition as at the start of the holiday. You must leave the property in the same state of general order in which you found it. If you break these conditions we can make an additional cleaning charge and/or make a claim against you for repair or loss as a result of damage caused. We reserve the right to hold a security deposit. Where we hold a security deposit or other funds on account we will take extra fees due from these accounts. You are expected to show due consideration for other people, including but not limited to local residents and our staff. If you abuse the property or display rude, dangerous or offensive behaviour towards us the caretaker of the property or other third party, we can refuse to allow you possession of the property or ask you to leave the accommodation before the end of the holiday. If this happens we will treat your holiday as having been cancelled by you and you will not be entitled to any refund.In the same way if we reasonably believe that you are likely to act as above then we proceed as detailed above.
If you have special requests or needs you are responsible for telling us at the time of booking, although we cannot guarantee that any special requests will be met, and failure on our part to meet any special request will not constitute a breach of contract. It is your responsibility to satisfy yourself that the property you are booking is completely suitable for your needs. Once you have received the Holiday Confirmation you must check it thoroughly (see Condition 2). Please note that if a particular requirement is not specified on the Holiday Confirmation or Listing details, it is not provided. Unfortunately we are unable to accept any bookings that are specified to be conditional on the fulfillment of a particular request. Such bookings will be treated as ‘standard’ bookings subject to the above provisions on special requests. If you have a medical problem or disability that may affect your holiday please tell us before you confirm your booking and follow up with details in writing at the time of booking. If we feel unable to properly accommodate the particular needs of the person concerned, we reserve the right to decline or cancel your booking.
Any queries about your booking, after you have received your Holiday Confirmation Form, should be made by emailing us quoting your surname and the dates that you have booked.
- Access – You must allow us, or anyone representing us (and any workman who needs to carry out repairs or maintenance) access to the property at any reasonable time during your holiday.
- Dissatisfaction – Your holiday enjoyment is important to us. We think it is fair that your reasonable holiday expectations should be met. If they are not, it is equally fair that you provide a chance for them to be put right before you come home. It is impossible to investigate problems of a transient nature (property preparation/cleanliness or heating for example) unless you raise them during your holiday. Tell us about your problem and give us a chance to help. If you wait until you get home before telling us of your difficulties, then unfortunately we cannot accept any liability.
- Prices – All prices are in UK pounds sterling. All percentage price modifications for extras and discounts are made in respect of the base price of the holiday. We guarantee that the price we quote for your holiday and subsequently ask you to pay will not change once we have agreed to accept your booking as long as you do not make alterations to price sensitive elements or use a different payment method from that selected at the time of booking. We will not enter into negotiation about our price list, specifically the fact that our retail prices may be changed up or down while you are deciding on your holiday or after you have made your booking.
- Personal Details – We require some of your personal details when making a booking in order that we can communicate with you in regards to your holiday. We take reasonable steps to ensure the security and privacy of your personal data. We require a correct address in order to safeguard your payment card against fraud. We require a correct and valid email address as all payment reminders and our arrival instructions are sent by email. We will not generally call or write to you unless there is a specific problem which requires us to do so. When you give us your email address we may add it to our mailing list.
- Insurance – We strongly recommend that you have adequate travel insurance. We cannot be held liable for loss howsoever caused. We do not provide in-house insurance and will not refund you for cancellations made by you for whatever reason. We recommend that you insure yourself against cancellation, curtailment and loss of valuables while away from your own home.